Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Is The Best Black Se Stallion?
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
mckulley1
Wondering who you think is the best black SE stallion?

He must stand at public stud.

If he's not in North America he must offer frozen semen.

Looking for SIRING capability. A lot of times I see GORGEOUS black SE stallions but they can't sire a darn thing....
Nadj al Nur
Amanda..check out EH Gamil. He's a Gharib son, owned by Millie Tressierra, of Dragon Place Arabians, in Quesnel, B.C. Great horse and sires VERY nicely.
Dressage trained, wonderful mind, too. Don't know her website address off the top of my head, but that should give you enough info to find it. I think Oli posted a picture of him somewhere on here too.
Cathy
AAArabians
I have been breeding black Straight Egyptians since 1990!

The best Black SE Stallion for producing consistantly in type
is Ashtar Dark Ali! With him you will get the mares body and motion and then he stamps his exotic look! He has size and seems to shorten the back on all of his foals! All his foals are a huge improvement over their dams!

Click to view attachment
mckulley1
This particular mare needs help through the body but has the most incredible head ever!!!!
mckulley1
Nadj,

Do you mean this stallion?
http://www.canadianblackarabians.com/eh_gamil.html
Nadj al Nur
Yep, that's him. Very nice horse........have seen him many times and really like him.
Cathy
Nadj al Nur
Amanda, I should probably also say, since you mentioned that the mare needs help with the body, but is very pretty, that THAT is where Gamil excells. He has a tremendous body but his face is not exotic by todays so called standards, although I personally think it is very nice.
Cathy
chaswyckcaliph
Well, Simeon Sochain is not black but he has produced some lovely black foals and his son, Chaswyck Ace of Spades, who is black, has sired exceptionally. I think that Ron and Lorraine would probably agree when I say that his foals are both an improvement on himself and the mare when it comes to type. Not that he and the mares aren't beautiful themselves but more as a credit to Ace because he does such a lovely job as a sire. biggrin.gif
SimplyArabians
I second Ashtar!!! Just breathtaking! Here is a son of his that we are very happy with!

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Seglavi
Hi McKulley1,
There was a gorgeous SE black stallion presented in October at the Al Khamsa convention in California. His name is Rashad Nefuso RSI. You can see some good photos of him on that thread, page 9. He was an awesome mover with a fantastic body and color. Very sweet disposition too. Great legs and if your mare has an exceptional head, this guy could combine beautifully with her.
Pam
2mntn
Pam - thanks for mentioning Rashad Nefuso RSI - he looks tremendous and had rave reviews from folks attending. I don't remember hearing anything about what he's done as a sire, but I would recommend him - for whatever it's worth. cool.gif

Ray
Seglavi
Hi Ray,
Well, in person when he was at liberty in the arena at the Fantasia, that stallion was IMPRESSIVE, let me tell you! Back in his stall he was gentle as a lamb, just loved him. AHA DataSource shows he has produced 13 registered foals, 4 are purebreds and SE. Of this total, 8 are black.
I hope to make a trip to Hugh Fillmore's in the spring to see all his horses.
Pam
Robert 1
Hi,
for more information,
I believe he was feautred as the stallion of the month a few ago. wink.gif
Robert,
Echo Hill Arabians
Nadj al Nur
Hi Robert
The stallion you have pictured is in Europe and is a great grandson of my old Bushra GASB.
Rashad Nefuso is in California, and he IS a very nice horse......
Cathy
mckulley1
I think they are talking of this stallion?

http://www.straightegyptians.com/forum2/in...88&#entry234188
PGD
QUOTE (SimplyArabians @ Nov 27 2007, 08:00 PM)
I second Ashtar!!! Just breathtaking! Here is a son of his that we are very happy with!

Melissa!! Who the heck is THAT??? Wow! I totally agree that Ashtar is tops for type - and he contributes exactly what Candi said he does - every time.

Nancy P.
Robert 1
QUOTE (Nadj al Nur @ Nov 28 2007, 03:43 AM)
Hi Robert
The stallion you have pictured is in Europe and is a great grandson of my old Bushra GASB.
Rashad Nefuso is in California, and he IS a very nice horse......
Cathy

Hi Cathy,
Right on, I knew you would know he is SAID wink.gif
Robert,
mistuarabians
Ohh- I second Rashad!!!

What a mover!!! Fell in love with him at the Convention!!! Fantastic body and legs!

Jessica
KHA`LILAH
Click to view attachmentMe me me!!!
Sorry trying to control an Arab stallions enthusiasm is hard when he is so free spirited . Between you and me he’s not got what it takes to be a MODERN show Arab.
But boy is he gorgeous and for sale!
SimplyArabians
QUOTE (PGD @ Nov 28 2007, 03:55 AM)
Melissa!!  Who the heck is THAT???  Wow!  I totally agree that Ashtar is tops for type - and he contributes exactly what Candi said he does - every time.

Nancy P.

Nancy, That is AA Dark Ali...fondly known as "Tank"!

Click to view attachment
PGD
Melissa,

I thought so that's who it was - didn't know you had him - LUCKY YOU! smile.gif

Have you seen AA Black Onyx (by *Ashtar)? He's gorgeous too - and the whole time he was here, I kept having to STOP myself from calling him "Tank". He finally became "Inky". lol

Nancy
Mike
Rashad again... wub.gif

Mike

Click to view attachment
BasiliskBelka
What about AL SHUHRUF?

He has done consistently well in the showring, and has a nicely put-together body and good movement. Admittedly, his head is not quite as exotic as his sire - Simeon Sadik - but it is a good head all the same. He also comes from a proven performance line and has an excellent temperament - his dam was exceedingly kind and laid-back at home! She was a Gharib daughter - EH Ghasira.

As a foal, he was rated one of the best Sadik get by Halsdon's stud manager.

He would certainly answer what you want to improve with your mare.

He stands in Belgium, but is available worldwide frozen.

Here's his website - Najim al Arab stud: http://www.araber-aachen.de/shuhruf.html.

Keren
karin
Keren,

Al Shuruf is in Belgium or in Germany? the website is German...

thank you

Karin
BasiliskBelka
Karin

The owners are located in Belgium, but the website says they are near Aachen, so I asume they must be close to the German border smile.gif

If you search for him, you'll bring up some nice pix of his babies - inc. a couple in the US.

Keren gbfahne.gif
H Fillmore
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentHi, Here are some pictures of the horse everyone is talking about - Rashad Nefuso RSI and a photo of his filly - Bint Roshanara, by one of my lesser mares.

Hugh Fillmore
Georgia
QUOTE (mckulley1 @ Nov 27 2007, 09:49 PM)
I think they are talking of this stallion?

http://www.straightegyptians.com/forum2/in...88&#entry234188

Yes, that's him Rashad Nefuso RSI
I saw him that day too! Really liked him. biggrin.gif I have a video of him.. most not very good, as I can't take video.. but I did get his dance around Ken Keele (his handler) after Ken caught up to him and got ahold of the lead again. He was letting Ken have it and Ken's smile watching him do this was just as endearing.

Georgia
Georgia
Hello all,
I don't mean to go beyond the title of this thread, but if anyone knows of a
good producing Pure Polish Black stallion, please PM me with info. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Georgia
caasius
We have a black bred 4 rising 5 se stallion by madallan madheen out of a mare bred by judith forbis though our lad is bay he may well breed on black and will be standing in uk next yr for first season to ltd mares, his lines cannot be repeated as sire and dam now deceased Madallan Madheen x Ansata Aya Maria gbfahne.gif angienjohn@hotmail.co.uk

07983 338932 please leave voicemail if no ans and we will return call, his nos will be v ltd to special mares only so drop us a mail for more info, covering terms are v reasonable for 2008 introductory fee of a horse of theese lines and he will not remain this bargain fee
myamira
I really like Al Baraki (Thee Desperado X Alijamila by Ruminaja Ali) myself.
AHRA# 519651

Foals inherit his exotic looks and quality, smooth bodies, long legs, high tail carriage, and trot.
carolmaginn
Recently, I was at Southwind Arabians where I purchased our Ruminaja Ali son, and discovered that Summer and Scott Morton own a beautiful black Minstril son names The Apostolos (aka "Lost"). He was a very nice stallion in fact probably the best black stallion I've seen in terms of overall type and conformation. He also has terrific movement with above level trot - even without shoes on and good drive from behind. On the dam side of Lost's pedigree are some of my favorate lines - in particular The Egyptian Prince and Assad. I use these lines extensively in my own program and I think this crossed on top of the Minstril lines has resulted in a stretchy, refined and well balanced stallion just who also happens to be black.

Summer's 12 year old daughter was handling him and posing with him for photos and yet he was very sweet. I wouldn't try trick with every stallion out there.

In looking at some of Lost's foals - they all seem to be fairly consistant with size, movement, type and sweet temperment.

In addition his babies have been very marketable - having been exported to multiple countries including Egypt.
dogwoodsprings
Miss Bellagio DSA...
and of course by Bellagio RCA ...these pictures were taken when she was 2 to 3 months old and now she is chestnut/flaxen...she is now at Arabians Ltd. being trained for the 08 Egyptian Event...
Jerel
p.s. this baby can move...
dogwoodsprings
another of Miss Bellagio
Jerel
dogwoodsprings
one more..her eyes are very pretty
dogwoodsprings
of course there is the factor of Miss Bellagio's MOMMA.... who happens to be a daughter of one of the most beautiful SE Stallions ever ... Thee Gambler.....
Jerel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.