Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arabest Samir
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
JacqueB
At the 2008 EE - this stallion knocked my socks off, of course I'm a fan of Akid Geshan and it was his son. His movement was breath taking - very aware that he was hot stuff, when not asked to be "on" his head came down, very relaxed & quiet - just the kind of horse I look for.
Both his sire & dam are by Nabiel - seems like he'd be a good breeding stallion with that kind of linebreeding influence.
I realize I've been on the sidelines for some months, but I go to arabdatasource and he's got 10 offspring -the last registered were born 2007!
Does his semen not ship?
The economy hit bottom & people aren't breeding much anyway, let alone ship their mares?
What's the story?
Anybody got pictures of his get?
I like the fact that you don't have to get a grey from him like Geshan.
Look forward to hearing some answers, pictures....anything
from out of the loop jb
jerelkerby
QUOTE (JacqueB @ Nov 13 2009, 03:45 PM) *
At the 2008 EE - this stallion knocked my socks off, of course I'm a fan of Akid Geshan and it was his son. His movement was breath taking - very aware that he was hot stuff, when not asked to be "on" his head came down, very relaxed & quiet - just the kind of horse I look for.
Both his sire & dam are by Nabiel - seems like he'd be a good breeding stallion with that kind of linebreeding influence.
I realize I've been on the sidelines for some months, but I go to arabdatasource and he's got 10 offspring -the last registered were born 2007!
Does his semen not ship?
The economy hit bottom & people aren't breeding much anyway, let alone ship their mares?
What's the story?
from out of the loop jb

Very good topic....and I as well would like to hear about and see some of his get..... as I was as well impressed with him at the 08 Event. Did he go overseas or is he still here in the U.S.
Anyone with any information about him please share.
Jerel
JacqueB
Jerel,
He's standing at Mike Neal's in Wisconsin, but still owned according to arabdatasource by the Kings. They must not be breeding to him either & I've heard he's been for sale.
jb
jerelkerby
QUOTE (JacqueB @ Nov 13 2009, 04:54 PM) *
Jerel,
He's standing at Mike Neal's in Wisconsin, but still owned according to arabdatasource by the Kings. They must not be breeding to him either & I've heard he's been for sale.
jb

Jacque,
Thx for the info on him..... you would think with his bloodlines he would be 'snapped up' and bought overseas.
Jerel
JacqueB
QUOTE (jerelkerby @ Nov 13 2009, 11:59 AM) *
Jacque,
Thx for the info on him..... you would think with his bloodlines he would be 'snapped up' and bought overseas.
Jerel

I'm hoping he doesn't go overseas - we could use the diversification of bloodlines right here - no Ansata, no Imperial, no TD/M blood. I just want to see some get before I use him don'tchaknow...... the ol' proof is in the pudding.....or maybe I'll have to be the trial case.....hmmmm
jerelkerby
QUOTE (JacqueB @ Nov 13 2009, 06:06 PM) *
I'm hoping he doesn't go overseas - we could use the diversification of bloodlines right here - no Ansata, no Imperial, no TD/M blood. I just want to see some get before I use him don'tchaknow...... the ol' proof is in the pudding.....or maybe I'll have to be the trial case.....hmmmm

Jackie,
I do agree with you on getting different blood and different bloodlines....esp. those tried and try as he is. We have breedings next spring to Simeon Sochain and GR Maatin to go outside of most of the lines here that are so prevalent....and as well one of the reasons we bred to Alaa Jabbar in the past. We now have a colt who has even more of Dr. Nagels influence than Alaa Jabbar himself as our DSA Nagali is out of our Shahir daughter who has no TM/TD. Now having said all that...it is way too soon to tell how he will mature and then of course how he will produce....and you are correct 'the proof is in the pudding'.
If you bred to Arabest Samir which mare would you breed to him and what is her pedigree....... you could tell me kind of like that fantasy pedigree...and pictures of you mare if you would want to share them.....
Jerel
JacqueB
Sure Jerel,
Pedigree: mare- Melaka Majiida
She's a 7 yo 14.3 AIH granddaugther -linebred AIH on the sire side - looks to me very AIH, very typey/dry compact build - sire's tail female-Babson
On her dam side she's got stretch & size - 15.3 dam dtr of Akid Kasim - full bro to Akid Geshan - but in contrast to Geshan, Kasim is much more a Nabiel horse (16 hands) - D.Geiser owns Geshan & considers him much more a representative of his dam Akid Hanalei.
Majiida's tail female granddam is a dtr of the dble Morafic, nationally recognized competitive trail horse, Al Metrabbi & tail female is Nabilahh-same as TD.
What I value about this mare:
-how good she was under saddle - very few weeks under saddle entered her in a hunter pace - I found her to be well behaved with other horses, minded me & after 2 hours of riding - mostly walk some trot - she was ready to canter away.
-Her foals, like her are extremely easy to work with, trusting, easy to train. Both show sport horse/DAP type movement
-When I did Deb Bennett's measurements, she's got good numbers for balance, heart girth, amount of bone.
What I need from a stallion:
-longer femur for better stifle/hock angulation so her get could have a jumping or working western career
-none of her foals have as good a reach out of their shoulder as she does - a genetic match for excellent elbow/shoulder
-better stretch-one of her fillies is quite stretchy & it's in Majiida's pedigree
-a little better defined withers for more strength over the top line for sport horse use

I think Arabest Samir is a candidate - I like that I'd be strengthening the Nabiel influence in her pedigree - overall size of bone & body + general athleticism -lots of Sakr. He's demonstrated to me, good mindedness in the show ring & she's got excellent temperament either through genetics or how she raises her foals or some combination there of, her foals are confident, curious, easy & make excellent companions for would be riders or breeders.
So hopefully I'll get to see some Arabest Samir get in person before 2011.
jb
edited to add photos, forgot you ask for them - I'll have to say that not one photo that has been taken of this mare really looks like her or does her justice.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment a Thee Infidel filly - I can definitely go back to that cross, see if I can get the better shoulder/elbow that he has to offer-there is alot to like about this filly tho'
jerelkerby
Jacque,
Very interesting and a nice pedigree and I can see why even on paper (not taking into account liking Arabest Samir in person...shich I might add is very important as you well know) that 4 lines to Sakr would be a pedigree worth having and from the photos you provided Melaka Majiidad is a nice mare....I like her head and SMALL ears (which some of the SE's have lost) and her expression. She appears to have a nice shoulder and has a good upright neck. Moreover, i found it interesting in a positive way the lines to Moniet El Nefous and to her son Ibn Moniet El Nefous...Then to top it off has Fa Moniet (the dam of Prince Fa Moniet) relatively close up in pedigree.
I think you are on to something and I would think you could have a foal to be proud of both in looks and on paper.
Jerel
JacqueB
QUOTE (jerelkerby @ Nov 13 2009, 02:55 PM) *
.... Moreover, i found it interesting in a positive way the lines to Moniet El Nefous and to her son Ibn Moniet El Nefous...Then to top it off has Fa Moniet (the dam of Prince Fa Moniet) relatively close up in pedigree.
I think you are on to something and I would think you could have a foal to be proud of both in looks and on paper.
Jerel

To add an interesting note to your comment, Debra Geiser who has seen Majiida several times tells me that to her, Majiida doesn't look as much like AIH bred - much more reminds her of Akid Hanalei-the dam of the full brothers, Akid Geshan (who she says he takes after) & Akid Kasim (Majiida's maternal grandsire) - both Akid Hanalei and Majiida's sire are tail female Babson - some of my favorite stuff for substance & temperament - and particularly like the IMEN/Babson cross which would be represented thru out the pedigree of the prospect cross foal.
thanks for your comments, Jerel.
jb
Roger
QUOTE (JacqueB @ Nov 13 2009, 10:45 AM) *
Does his semen not ship?
What's the story?
from out of the loop jb

We bred our Ruminaja Ali daughter to him this year, but unfortunately, she did not conceive so we will try again next year. We bred her via AI, so yes, they do ship semen on him but I may try to send her up to Mike Neals next year to breed her on site. Mike told me that Arabest Samir should be staying with him for next year's breeding season. There is an excellent video of him on Mike Neals web site. The horse is incredible.
Jmarcan
Interesting discussion. Can we talk a bit about shoulder/elbow (which is really important in a dressage horse). Which Egyptian lines do you think are stongest in this trait? I have one mare who could be improved in that area....
Marilee
My late stallion by Ansata Ibn Sudan had that wonderful shoulder angulation (reach and extension) and the very deep, strong hip/hindquarter, with a short back, but after many years of study of siblings, I'm not sure if it came from his sire, or rather from the hybrid vigor of his dam, who had three lines to Fadjur. I saw a 1/2 brother (by Ansata Ibn Sudan) called Sudan El Hasib in California, who was western in movement, but very nice, and I know that Gail Hoff-Carmona had Ansata _______ (by Ansata Ibn Sudan) in training for dressage there, but I never saw him or saw video of him. I also saw AK Shah Moniet at Scottsdale in the early 80s under saddle, and his movement and structure and elegance really impressed me. There are a few horses still around who carry this bloodline (Ibn Moniet El Nefous X Babson). I also had for a while here on lease, an Ansata Ibn Halima son called Glorieta Monhalim, who was out of AK Monaroufa, with a similar tail female. He had very correct legs, and super movement. Sometimes movement or tendency for good movement is inherited, but often just pops up and then is hard to replace or to recreate without a great dam to give input in movement as well. I recently took pictures of my last 1/2 Arabian baby (now 23)----Ansata Ibn Sudan, 3 lines to Fadjur, breeding stock Paint, quarter horse, thoroughbred-----and it was hard to keep her in frame to take pictures, she was so agile and fast. So again I am giving credit to both athletic sire and dam for producing her, not just the genetic input of my stallion.................. smile.gif
sakebu
I will always remember watching Arabest Samir win at the EE in 08. To me, he is all stallion - so masculine - and I'll never forget how he seemed to look at us right in the eyes each time he trotted by. Impressive!
brentwoodarab
Click to view attachment

Here's Samir at Mike Neal's . He is doing quite well, and is standing at stud as well as being offered for sale. He has a tremendous disposition. Easy to work with, and sweet as pie. LOVE this horse... and yes, someone is missing the boat on this fantastic horse!!! Sound, fresh, and ready to show and breed.
brentwoodarab
Click to view attachment

and another picture...
brentwoodarab
Click to view attachment
JacqueB
QUOTE (brentwoodarab @ Nov 15 2009, 09:23 AM) *
Click to view attachment

and another picture...

love seeing those big flat square knees!
jb
JacqueB
QUOTE (brentwoodarab @ Nov 15 2009, 09:20 AM) *

See that lovely elbow & good withers & those short cannons - just what I remembered - good stretch tho'.
These pictures are confirmation of my initial assessment at the EE & recent thinking.....
Thanks for the pictures
jb
Cheryl L
He sure shows his Nabiel influence, with legs and shoulders like that. Well muscled, yet free moving.
bettyk
These aren't the best of photos, but this is the result of a cross with Ansata Ibn Sudan and Shaikh Al Badi breeding on the top line and out of a Nabiel daughter.

The Trapp's thought long and hard about the doubling up of the Nabiel blood, resulting in Arabest Samir, but it seems to have all worked extraordinarily well...beautiful horse and a shame that he doesn't have tons of offspring.

BettyK
jerelkerby
QUOTE (bettyk @ Nov 17 2009, 04:05 AM) *
These aren't the best of photos, but this is the result of a cross with Ansata Ibn Sudan and Shaikh Al Badi breeding on the top line and out of a Nabiel daughter.

The Trapp's thought long and hard about the doubling up of the Nabiel blood, resulting in Arabest Samir, but it seems to have all worked extraordinarily well...beautiful horse and a shame that he doesn't have tons of offspring.

BettyK

BettyK,
I certainly agree and for us (the SE's) to take back the show ring we have to have SE's like the one you show to lead the charge........ SE's are the best and the basis for the best! I think more breeders are listening now and doing better. I know we (Daphne and Me) have evolved wanting better movement in our breeding. This is Zamill at 4 months (Alaa Jabbar x Hey Baby).
Jerel
rylolin
QUOTE (bettyk @ Nov 17 2009, 05:05 AM) *

BettyK

Hello BettyK,

Could you tell me more about the Trapp's thinking along the lines of doubling Nabiel? I am a Nabiel enthusiast to say the least. I have a Barefoot's Ladid (3/4 brother to Akid Geshan), an Akid Geshan dtr., and a Nabiel, dtr. I am working towards blending/threading multiple crosses of Nabiel into my offspring. The doubling of Nabiel seems to produce high quality results - but taking into account the affects of the rest of the pedigree as well. Do you know of other horses the Trapp's (or other breeders) produced doubling Nabiel?

Cordially,
Linda
bettyk
Hi, Linda,

The Trapp's did not attempt the doubling of Nabiel blood until very late in their program (say 1997-1999) when they leased Akid Geshan. I saw two other results of breedings similar to that of Samir--Arabest Fanci and Arabest Nafis--both as youngsters. There was a handful of others in that time period, but most were exported. Fanci was a spectacular filly! (I'll attempt to post a photo that is on Dara Meadows' website.) Until they went this route, they used a lot of El Halimaar mares--presumably to shorten up the back a bit--which was extremely successful. You might contact Debra Geiser to see if she has knowledge of the doubling of Nabiel blood.

I visited Barefoot when Ladid was just a little fella--well, not so little. He was much larger than the other foals on the farm at the same age. I also saw Ladid at the Event and always liked him very much--lots of substance and just plain beautiful. You are indeed fortunate to have those bloodlines and have many options to produce incredible foals! Would love to see photos of your mares...

Betty
bettyk
Oops, the file names didn't transfer over. The horses pictured above are Arabest Fanci, in the center is Arabest Fara, and on the right is Arabest Nafis.

BettyK
bettyk
Linda,

Never mind...I visited your website and saw the photos of your mares! I L-O-V-E that Ladid daughter...knock-your-socks-off beautiful!! Looks like you've also already seen the photos that I posted above.

Betty
rylolin
QUOTE (bettyk @ Nov 19 2009, 06:08 PM) *
Oops, the file names didn't transfer over. The horses pictured above are Arabest Fanci, in the center is Arabest Fara, and on the right is Arabest Nafis.

BettyK

Hi Betty,

Thank you for the pictures, I have seen the pics of Fanci and Nafis but not Fara. The all look like excellent examples of the the cross. I would like to study their pedigrees to see how they compare to my own mares also.

I have uploaded pics of the Nabiel dtr. and the Ladid dtr. I am still trying to get Geshan's dtr. uploaded. I almost forgot, I also have an RA Jahim dtr. I will look for her pictures also.

Cordially,
Linda
rylolin
QUOTE (bettyk @ Nov 19 2009, 06:52 PM) *
Linda,

Never mind...I visited your website and saw the photos of your mares! I L-O-V-E that Ladid daughter...knock-your-socks-off beautiful!! Looks like you've also already seen the photos that I posted above.

Betty

My Geshan dtr. is out of Debra's very beautiful Sonbolidaa DMF. She is the younger full sister to Halawa BintGeshan DMF.

Linda
bettyk
What a spectacular view you must have at your house with those mares in your pasture! And they have those great big soulful eyes. You are truly blessed...

Betty
rylolin
QUOTE (bettyk @ Nov 19 2009, 08:26 PM) *
What a spectacular view you must have at your house with those mares in your pasture! And they have those great big soulful eyes. You are truly blessed...

Betty

Thank you...I am a pushover for soulful eyes! Linda
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.